Makes: 14 servings
Yield: 1 loaf (14 servings)
Prep 25 mins
Bake 45 mins
Cool 10 mins
What goes best with chocolate? More chocolate. What goes best with our Triple-Chocolate Bread? Whipped cream, chocolate sauce and a glass of cold milk.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white baking pieces
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate pieces
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Dark chocolate pieces or milk chocolate pieces, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper or parchment paper; grease paper. Set pan aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in white baking pieces, 1/3 cup dark chocolate pieces, and 1/3 cup milk chocolate pieces. Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; peel off paper. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- If desired, top each serving with sweetened whipped cream and drizzle with melted chocolate.