No products in the cart.
Makes: 16 servings
Hands On 30 mins
Total Time 5 hrs
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds with sea salt, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Flaky sea salt (optional)*
- Lightly butter a 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom and place in freezer. Combine almonds, 1/3 cup brown sugar and oats in a food processor. Process until nuts are finely ground. Add flour and pulse until combined. Add 1/2 cup butter and pulse until texture of coarse meal. Add egg yolk and pulse for 30 seconds or until mixture begins to come together. Transfer to a bowl and knead until dough just comes together. Press evenly into bottom and sides of prepared pan. Prick bottom with a fork. Line crust with foil. Freeze for at least 45 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees . Fill crust with dried beans or pie weights, pushing to the edges to help hold up edges while baking. Bake 12 minutes; remove foil and beans. Bake 6 to 8 minutes more or until deep golden brown. Cool completely.
- For filling: Combine chocolate, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to boiling. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve over chocolate mixture; let sit for 5 minutes. Add vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt; stir until smooth. Pour into crust and spread to edges. Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours, covering after 3 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt, if desired.
- *Shopping Tip Flaky sea salt has a clean flavor and crunchy texture. Find it at large supermarkets or specialty stores.